The Fryer Memorial Library of Australian Literature was founded in 1927 in honour of John Denis Fryer and provides a rich store of books, manuscripts, photographs, architectural drawings, oral histories and much more. An extensive collection of published and unpublished material focuses on Australian literature, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander studies, Queensland history, art and architecture. We will view:
- The map collection, especially historic maps of Queensland or other parts of Australia, and
- related maps, books or journals on Queensland’s 19th century Explorers. It is Map Group’s understanding that the Fryer Library has some significant books/journals of Leichhardt’s Expeditions in Queensland.
Location: Fryer Library, Duhig Building #2 This map also details car parking and public transport facilities for the St Lucia campus.
Lunch: Lunch afterwards is at Wordsmiths Cafe, Building 4, 2 Staff House Rd, St Lucia QLD 4072. A booking has been made for 12.30 pm for a table of 20. (pending final numbers)
Menu: it will be the usual cafe offerings. Since it is mid-semester break, we will be able to order on the day however, in order to prepare they need to have numbers.
Coordinator: Kay Rees email: firstname.lastname@example.org mob: 0402 101 555